This year, tourism has presented an interesting rise. According to the National Institute of Statistics and Geography (INEGI) , between last January and March, the consumption of foreign and national tourists registered an increase of 2.2% compared to the same period of the previous year. While the consumption of Mexican tourists rose 2.7% , foreign spending decreased 0.8% in the same period.
The tourism sector generates 2.5 million direct jobs and 5 million indirectly. In addition, it produces about 9% of the national Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and is the third largest recipient of foreign exchange (after oil revenues and remittances).
And if it is business tourism, this division earned Mexico the 20th place in the ranking of international events of ICCA (International Congress and Convention Association) .
According to the Ministry of Tourism , Mexico as a business tourist destination generates 151,100 jobs – 85,000 are direct and 66,000 indirect. In addition to this, the activity contributes 1.43% to GDP ; therefore, it also represents an ideal field for entrepreneurship.
So if your plans are to start your own business in the tourism sector , we give you the list of the 10 ideal cities to do so , according to T he Meeting Planner’s Magazine , a publication specialized in the industry.
- Cancun , for its communication routes and convention centers.
- Mexico City , for concentrating the country’s commercial activity and its accommodation capacity.
- Guadalajara , through the Expo Guadalajara center with capacity for 50 thousand visitors.
- León , for its Poliforum León Convention Center with 45,000 m2 for exhibitions and 5,200 m2 of multifunctional rooms.
- Los Cabos , for its 32 kilometers that are home to hotels, resorts, spas and golf courses.
- Monterrey , by Cintermex with 18,380 m2 for exhibitions and 7,900 m2 for conventions, and Centro Convex with 5,300 m2.
- Puebla , through the Puebla William O ‘Jenkins Convention Center with 40 thousand m2, 12 rooms and an auditorium for 9 thousand attendees.
- Puerto Vallarta , through the Puerto Vallarta International Convention Center, with 5,000 m2 and capacity for 6,000 guests.
- Riviera Maya , for its hotel offer –360 hotels and more than 40 thousand rooms– and an international airport very close to Playa del Carmen.
- Riviera Nayarit , through its international airport with national and international flights.
Ensure the success of your business with valuable information that you can capitalize on in your favor. Cheer up!